Television shows, books, movies and video games are great for escaping the real world once in a while, but if you do it too often, you may find yourself forgetting to do something awesome with your own life. Building a meaningful future requires action, and when you're not used to taking action to better your life (other than what's required of you), it's best to ease your way into it.
Enter the Fangirl University Workout Plan. This workout plan is designed to get you used to doing instead of just dreaming, with the added bonus of getting you in shape!
Use the appropriate characters and details from your favorite show or current binge-fest. This is a great way to get motivated and to begin associating your favorite stories with taking action.
What you'll need:
- A journal
- Something to watch your show on
1. At the beginning of every new episode, do 20 jumping jacks. *Do not skip this step! This will energize you from the beginning and make sure you don't get lazy and veg out for hours at a time.
2. Who is your favorite character in this show? Every time someone says your favorite characters name, do 5 push-ups. It's okay to start on your knees if you need to 🙂
3. Who is your least favorite character in this show? Every time they say something that pisses you off, do 20 squats.
4. Argument, fight scene or chase? Hold a plank for the duration.
5. When someone cries, do 10 triceps dips.
6. When someone hugs or kisses, do 10 crunches.
7. When something in the show makes you want to do something in real-life, jot it down in your journal, then do 25 jumping jacks.
8. At the end of each week, review your journal and come up with at least one action you can take in your life based on what you've written.
9. Feel your arms, abs and glutes get stronger every day!
10. Spread the love. Get your friends in on the fun!